30th July – 3rd August 2018
Pembroke College, Oxford
We invite applications for the ICVS Summer School 2018 at Pembroke College, Oxford, UK, 30th July 2018 – 3rd August. Deadline is 1st March.
The school will accept selected students and young researchers with basic knowledge of colour vision. It will focus on colour vision and its applications. The school will include courses, lectures, experiments, laboratory visits, and hands-on workshops, providing opportunities for formal and informal interaction with world-known researchers. Students will also have the opportunity to discuss their research work in poster format.
Expressions of interest should be sent to Sérgio Nascimento (smcn@ ) until March 1st. Documents should include a 1-page CV and a letter of motivation. If a grant is essential for participation this should be justified in the letter of motivation.
The fee is £600 (which includes tuition, accommodation, breakfast and lunch). A limited number of grants will be awarded.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Andrew Stockman (Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London)
- Anya Hurlbert (Institute of Neuroscience, University of Newcastle upon Tyne)
- Barry Lee (Optometry, State University of New York)
- David Brainard (Psychology, University of Pennsylvania)
- David Foster (Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Manchester)
- Hannah Smithson (Psychology, University of Oxford)
- Hidehiko Komatsu (Brain Science Institute, Tamagawa University)
- Jenny Bosten (Psychology, University of Sussex)
- John Werner (Davis Medical Center, University of California)
- João Linhares (Physics, University of Minho)
- John Mollon (Psychology, University of Cambridge)
- Karl Gegenfurtner (Psychology, Giessen University)
- Neil Parry (Vision Science Centre, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital)
- Qasim Zaidi, (Center for Vision Research, State University of New York)
- Sérgio Nascimento (Physics, University of Minho)
- Steven Shevell (Psychology and Ophthalmology, University of Chicago)
Organization: International Colour Vision Society ()